Find the answers to your frequently asked questions. If you can’t seem to find the information you are looking for, contact us directly!
When do I need to service kingpins?
Kingpins need to be serviced at the time of an oil change every 16,000 km and should be lubricated between oil changes, which is every 3 months to keep the joint in good working order and free of any contaminants.
Do I need a CVIP?
Every commercial vehicle in the province needs to pass the Alberta CVIP (Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program). If your company owns a vehicle that weighs more than 11,794 kg (or 4,500 kg if you plan on taking it out of the province) and is used for business operations-criteria that apply to most heavy duty and automotive trucks-then they are required to get an inspection performed annually.
So, what do you need to know about the Alberta CVIP program?
- You need to keep your papers in order: according to section 19 of the Vehicle Inspection Regulation, all commercial vehicles need to have a valid inspection certificate and decal which a commercial vehicle driver must be able to produce to an investigator or peace officer. This means you need to have copies of the inspection records in the vehicle at all times, as well as having copies at your office. If they’re lost or destroyed, you should get reprints from your inspector or get another inspection performed. Failure to comply with this regulation could cost your company a hefty fine.
- The rules and regulations are updated all the time, hence the need for annual inspections. In 2017, for instance, brake inspections were tightened up, as were rules about leaks – any leak, even the tiniest, could cause you to fail an inspection. Those two regulations are just the tip of the iceberg – there are dozens of updated regulations in the latest revision to the rules, and in a few months there could be more. It is on you to keep up with the changes and make sure that you shape up.
- There are a lot of rules. In 2017, the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Manual had 262 pages. While not every rule is going to be relevant to your particular vehicle, there will be enough of them that you’ll have to do a lot of work to both determine which you need to pay attention to and how you’re going to ensure that you’re compliant.
- The inspection can only be done by a certified technician at a certified facility. Even if you have your own on-staff maintenance crew, you still need to have a certified technician perform any and all inspections on your vehicles. At Western Isuzu we are certified to do the CVIP inspection on your medium-duty truck with hydraulic brakes.
- Some vehicles need semi-annual CVIP inspections. For instance, buses used for commercial purposes that seat more than 10 passengers – including the driver – need to be inspected semiannually.
- What’s included on the inspection checklist:
- Engine operation
- Electrical system
- Exhaust system
- And more
- What happens after the inspection: if anything needs to be repaired, you will receive an estimate. It is recommended you solve these issues as soon as possible because you won’t be able to receive a valid inspection certificate until all existing problems have been resolved.
How do I get a health report?
A health report is generated every time an Isuzu Truck is in for a warranty-covered Diesel oil change (for the first 4 years or 200,000 km) or if warranty covered service work is needed on the truck.
Why does the FTR have 3 wiper blades?
The cab of the FTR is very wide with a windshield that spans the whole width of the cab. Vertically, the windshield is somewhat shorter. Having only two wipers would not clear as much glass, which is why the FTR has three.
Can I scan my own codes?
If you have an OBDII scanner, then yes, you can scan your own codes. It is important to keep in mind that the code provides a direction from where a technician will have to start with the diagnosis to find out why the code is there in the first place. If you are planning to bring your vehicle in for diagnosis or repair, the code in question should not be cleared. That is because if you clear the code, the technician will have nothing to work off of.
For any other questions, please contact our team at Western Isuzu. Our experts are always available to guide and help you.